As you all know, I am married to the king of Entertainment and pop culture knowledge. While this is nice when we are on the same team in Trivial Pursuit, it's incredibly frustrating on a day to day basis when we're watching movies and I am trying to place certain characters in other movies or tv shows that they have been in. In short, I am ALWAYS wrong. Even if everything in my gut tells me that I am right about what else a certain person has been in and I sit there and argue it for endless amounts of time (which happens regularly), I equally always know that I am wrong if Scott is disagreeing with me. I cannot explain how frustrating this is! I am so sure that I'm right and then we open up IMDB just to solidify the exact opposite. This, of course, means that Scott is always right. Let me tell you, it has been a LONG five years together of me losing at this game (though my skills have improved tremendously at identifying actors and actresses).
Well, folks, I'm here to tell you that persistance pays off and tonight I WON!!! That's right...I was RIGHT and Scott was WRONG!! This is the first time this has happened in the entertainment genre of topics and I must revel in my glory because it is entirely possible that this situation may never occur again. Let me paint the picture for you:
Tonight we were watching The Story of Us and a character came on screen. I immediately turned to Scott and asked him if this man was "Coach." Now, this was a completely random tv connection to that series of "Just the Ten of Us" that ran for about two years (and I don't know if Scott and I have ever before discussed this tv show), but he knew exactly who I was referring to by the term "Coach." (One of the many reasons why I married this man!) In any case, Scott quickly dismissed the possibility of it being the same person. I didn't argue it because I resigned myself to the fact that I was wrong (I always am), but I remained curious at how I knew this man.
During our chocolate milk break (that's right, I love chocolate milk and have recently rediscovered my huge appreciation for the beverage), Scott was making the milk (and by making, I am not suggesting that he went out back to milk a cow...he just mixed the syrup and the milk) and I decided to open up our trusty IMDB and find out who this man was. I quickly located the character's name and discovered that he was played by Bill Kirchenbauer. Clicking easily on his name provided a list of all tv shows and movies he has ever been in. And wouldn't you know it but down at number 17 was "Just the Ten of Us" as the part of "Coach Graham T. Lubbock."
I have been vendicated! I may never again be right when Scott is wrong about a tv or movie character but it no longer matters because the element of doubt has been created and I have proved myself to be a worthy adversary...and it only took three years of marriage to get to this point!