I'm a big kid look what I can do!
Published 31 December 2006 by Cheryl | E-mail this post
Yesterday we decided to begin Caleb's journey into big kid food. This was the result of him now constantly eyeing our drinks and trying to take them out of our hands as well as getting excited when he sees us eating and then, susequently, looking sad when he was not given any of the food.
As you can see, he was quite the fan of his sippy cup (and was not at all interested in having help drinking out of it).

Eating proved to be a different matter all together. From the first bite, Caleb seemed to be enjoying his rice cereal, though he seemed a bit confused by the new texture in his mouth.

However, he continued to be eager and reached for the spoon with each bite. So, I continued giving bites. However, when I told Caleb to smile for one of the pictures, all of the food I had fed him oozed out of his mouth! He wasn't swallowing any of it - just holding it all in his mouth!

Eventually he seemed to get the hang of it a bit more and started swallowing and, once again, insisted on doing it himself. (Notice we decided that it was smartest to remove all clothing when he began feeding himself.) What a big boy!

We don't plan on progressing on from the cereal to other types of baby food for a little bit, but he has taken yet another step to being a real person instead of just a baby.