
So blogging on a regular basis has proved to be more difficult now that I'm back at work full time. Go figure!
Anyhow, life has just been truckin' on over here in England. Caleb has adjusted well to his nursery and loves playing with the kiddos. And I am happy to report that I did not even have to sneak off this morning when he wasn't looking (to prevent him from getting upset). Caleb smiled at me and waved when I was standing in the doorway and then he started playing with a toy. (Hooray!!!) The only 'negative' feedback I have gotten from his teachers is that he sleeps so much that they don't get to play with him as much as they want! Seriously, the kid can sleep. Apparently he sleeps 3-4 times as much as the other kids in his class during the day (about 4 hours on average), and an additional 12 solid hours at night. Makes me wonder what his teenage years will be like!
Caleb has also learned to wave in the past week and loves demonstrating this newfound skill on EVERYBODY around us. He waves at people on the bus, street, tram, store, etc... The other morning on the way to his nursery, he would wave at the man sitting across from us on the tram, squeal with delight and turn around to hug me, then turn back around a wave again. This was the pattern the whole tram ride. So cute!
The nursery workers have had some difficulty getting Caleb to eat some of his veggies (because they apparently do not complete song and dance routines each meal), but have reported that he's a little piggy when it comes to fruit or yogurt. We also fed Caleb his first curry last night. For those of you who don't know, England is OBSESSED with Indian food (to the point that even Pizza Hut has an Indian line). Because of this, we discovered baby curry. I have to say that I have never seen Caleb less interested in a food. He might not like his veggies, but I can always get him to eat them. With the curry, he simply closed his mouth as tight as he could. It was pretty humorous.
Labels: Caleb