Somewhere In Between: Brit Invasion
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



Brit Invasion


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I noticed this morning there are a few British artists available on the U.S. iTunes store and I feel its my ex-pat duty to share my opinion on these artists and some download recommendations. In no particular order...

James Morrison - A laid back Rock/Pop album. His voice has a Ray LaMontagne quality to it, but with more maintream music.
Download: Wonderful World, You Give Me Something (this was a free download a couple of weeks back), The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore.

The Fratellis - Well, Flathead was recently featured in the newest iPod ad, but I would also recommend Chelsea Dagger. Very similar to Franz Ferdinand (also from Glasgow).
Download: Chelsea Dagger

Amy Winehouse - I've only heard a couple of songs, but her sound is very unique and fun. A Soul/R&B rythym with a comptempary spin. It alsmost sounds like her music is a few decades old.
Download: Rehab, I'm No Good

Paolo Nutini - Again, I only have a couple of songs, but I have heard several. Paolo is very laid back rock/pop/folk artist (folk is not necessarily what you think).
Download: Last Request, Jenny Don't Be Hasty, Loving You

Razorlight - Just dowload America.

The Kooks - This is not a new release, but The Kooks are a personal favourite. Another good English band that have a good mix of acoustic driven songs and more upbeat rock hits. I would categorize them (almost) similar in sound with Australian band Jet.
Dowload: She Moves In Her Own Way, Naive, Oh La La, Seaside, Sofa Song, Crazy - acoustic Gnarls Barkely cover on the iTunes exlusive session.

From what I understand about music in the States, I don't need to tell anyone about Snow Patrol.

Labels: ,

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3