Yesterday Scott, Stephanie, Caleb, and I headed out to Ashford in Kent for some outlet shopping goodness. We didn't really know what we would be getting ourselves into, but we had heard good things about the outlet stores and Scott and I had never been to Kent (in southeastern England) and knew it was supposed to be beautiful. As it turned out, the weather was perfect for the outside mall and the place was enormous.
The mall was full of all kinds of designer stores and I cleaned up with a selection of clothes and shoes. There were several highlights of the day, but one of the biggest excitements was learning that Old Navy is making a breakthrough to the United Kingdom (FINALLY)!!!

Sadly, it was only the one shelf of clothes inside the Gap outlet, but this was the first glimpse of Old Navy goodness that I have had in over a year and a half. I almost peed in my pants with excitement, and I'm pretty sure that the worker thought that Stephanie and I were a little crazy (not to mention that we may have been the only people he'd come across who knew what it was). There was an equally small corner of Banana Republic clothes inside the store as well, and apparently this summer an actual Banana Republic store is opening on Regent Street in London. Surely Old Navy will not be far behind. (Sadly, it will not be in time to benefit me, but I feel the that England will be a better place once the store makes a mark on society.) :)
The best deal of the day was definitely at the Nike store where I got two pair of shoes, a pair of shoes for Caleb, and a package of socks for £24 total! Not too shabby! Here are a couple of pictures of Caleb's new kicks. So cute (and only £4!).

If you look closely at the picture above, you can see Caleb's tooth. It's actually getting to be a pretty decent size and stands out quite a bit, but his tongue is often covering it in pictures, especially when he smiles.

We ended the day with sundaes from Baskin Robbins (yummy!) and Caleb got to ride on one of those little car machines (which is technically for 3+ year olds, but he loved it).

It was such a fun day and well worth the journey, but we definitely have one tired little boy today since we were so busy all day yesterday.