Somewhere In Between: British Credit
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



British Credit


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well, I guess after a year and a half I have finally established myself enough in this country to become the target of credit card companies. I officially received my first credit card application in the mail today, complete with an advertisement on the envelope:

"the credit card that helps you stay in control"

Hmm...that sounds a bit misleading. Probably why British people are drowning in debt (more so than Americans, I do believe). In any case, in the States I would simply rip these up and throw them in the bin, but I was curious (not because I want a credit card over here; because I know interest rates are supposed to be crazy) so I opened the envelope up. What?!

"Typical 39.9% APR"

Wow.

Labels:

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3