Somewhere In Between: Surprise, surprise!
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



Surprise, surprise!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Caleb has had a major oral fixation since he was two and a half months old, with EVERYTHING going in his mouth. This inevitably has led to everybody telling us for the past three months that he must be teething. Of course, we have known better because the fact of the matter is that he just likes to chew on everything. After all, that's one of his main ways of exploring and learning about things.

In any case, I have recently started the habit of running my finger along Caleb's gums daily to see if I feel any solid gums, indicating that teeth might start pushing through soon. I figure I need to prepare myself because mealtime could become painful and I don't want any surprises. Still, nothing. And I am happy with that.

Then, this morning, my finger runs across something sharp! What?! There was nothing there last night! So I try again. And again. And again. Yup, Caleb has officially cut his first tooth. I don't want to jinx it, but so far this has been accompanied with no rash, no fever, no swollen gums, and no excess fussiness. Hopefully this pattern remains. In the meantime, I'm excited that my baby is becoming even more like a real person!

Now we are going out to shop for a toothbrush.

Labels: ,

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3