Somewhere In Between: Springtime Takes Us to the Seaside
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



Springtime Takes Us to the Seaside


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The weather in England has finally warmed up to nice warm spring weather so we headed down to Brighton (the seaside) today to hang out with Jeff, Andrea, and Mia. After grabbing lunch, we all headed down to the children's area of the beach. Though England is full of rocky beaches, the children's area was a large sandy area. Sadly, the wading pool had not yet been filled for the season, but Mia and Caleb still had fun playing in the sand. In fact, Caleb was so interested in the sand that I couldn't even get him to look at the camera for pictures!

This was Caleb's first time in sand, so I kept his pacifier in his mouth to keep him from trying to eat it. I was successful until right at the very end when he managed to get a sand covered rock in his mouth when I wasn't looking. While attempting to monitor Caleb's sand intake, however, I came across another father doing the same with his little boy. As it turned out, his son was also named Caleb! This may not seem like that big of a deal, but it is the only other Caleb we have ever encountered in England (most people have never heard the name before).

Anyhow, while the kiddos played, Andrea and I attempted to regulate a bit of control whenever kids started throwing sand in their attempts to dig. We had copped a squat in a small patch of shade, but this seemed to be a unintentionally prime hotspot for flying sand. In the end, I ended up with a lot of sand being kicked, thrown, or dropped down the front of my shirt and the back of my trousers. Nice.

It was another fun and eventful Saturday, though we didn't actually go near the water because we were all so drained from sitting in the sun and playing with sand! I definitely look forward to introducing Caleb to his first "real beach" experience (complete with the getting his feet wet in the sea) when we're in Greece! We had a lot of fun, though, and I am so glad that the weather has improved and daylight is now extended so we can actually enjoy more time playing outdoors.

Next weekend: Paris.

Labels: ,

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3