Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006
As the title of this post suggests, or blatantly promotes, I am here to discuss the wonderful program that is iChat. You will notice (or already have) the link to Apple Computer and the "on my ipod" list on the right side of this blog. If it isn't painfully obvious, I am a fan of Apple products and Mac OS X. iChat is really just a fancy name for the AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) program that runs on a Mac. One of the coolest features of iChat is video conferencing (with the assistance of an iSight web camera of course). On Friday afternoon, I video conferenced with Cheryl who is, as you know, across the pond in London. It was awesome!! By far as good if not better than Apple describes it.
It was so nice the see my honey face to face, even if its on a computer screen. We talked for about an hour, probably longer and it was the highlight of my week! I had her take the camera around our flat so I could see what it looks like since she hasn't taken any pictures of it yet. It was choppy at times, but still very cool. There was a little stedi-cam/Blair Witch camera angles a couple of times. Our nephew Noah also joined in on the conversation for a little while as well.
Cheryl has the laptop and I don't have my own (I'm still waiting for His & Her Macs) so I had to go over to my brother & sister-in-law's place of employment (thanks guys!) and video conference with their computer. If I had my own computer, I guarantee we would video conference everyday. I guess for know we will have to settle for just talking over telecommunication lines. So, 20th century.
So, bottom line. Get an Apple, get an iSight camera, video chat.
Editor's note: It should be noted that video conferencing with AIM is possible using a computer running Windows, however setup and use on a Mac is far easier and superior.
|
About me
- From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
- Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
- My profile
ATOM 0.3