Afternoon Tea and Less than a Month
Published 23 July 2006 by Anonymous | E-mail this post

After living here for over a year, we finally went out for the long-standing British tradition of "Afternoon Tea" at The Savoy, one of London's most famous hotels. We were joined by Stephanie and Kim (pictured) in a belated celebration of Kim's birthday. It was a very relaxing afternoon, during which we were served unlimited tea of our choice, finger sandwiches, pastries, and scones (I forgot to take a picture of the table!). Scott had "darn good Earl Gray" - after being instructed by the rest of us that it would not be appropriate for him to order coffee at a traditional tea. We also tried Oolong Orange, Rooibos Lemon, and Hummingbird Vanilla, along with a couple of iced tea varieties. The only downfall of the afternoon was the inattentive service which made the "unlimited food and tea" a bit of a challenge at times. It was a costly meal but definitely worth the experience, with a pianist helping to set the mood of the afternoon while we sat around an enjoyed good conversation.

In pregnancy news (because my mother is too impatient to wait for another update and picture until my next dr. appointment on Friday), I now only have 4 weeks left until my due date and I am sad to report that it appears that my pregnancy sickness has returned, after only two months of relief. If anybody has wise prophetic words that this is a clear sign that the baby will be born very soon (very soon being within a week or so), I would love to hear it. Additionally, I have begun to swell slightly (though Scott and I are really the only people who can tell). My rings are now tight on my fingers and my feet and ankles are starting to retain water. Though this could be due mainly to the sweltering heat we've endured here (sans air conditioning) for the past week, it still makes me sad. However, I only have two more weeks of work left before I begin my extended maternity leave, at which time I suppose I can sit inside in front of a fan with my feet elevated at all times if necessary.