Somewhere In Between: New Dilemma
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



New Dilemma


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's official folks: my stomach has outgrown my shirts. That's right, even the maternity shirts that I have purchased since entering this last trimester (which I also consciously purchased in sizes that left plenty of growing room - or so I thought) no longer cover my entire tummy. Now, I realize that there is quite the fashion trend to bare your pregnant belly for all to see and I know people who really pull off this style in a cute way. However, the problem is that, even if I was one of those people, it's not exactly professional and I still have 8 more days of work left. I cannot bring myself to purchase new pregnancy tops, as what I wear will no longer matter after I stop work (when I will probably lounge around in Scott's oversized shirts - which fit better now that I'm pregnant but, let's face it, still completely hang off my shoulders), but it makes it difficult to make myself presentable for professional meetings and Court. Maybe this is why everybody in England goes on maternity leave no less than 4-6 weeks before their due date - they run out of clothes to wear!! (I realize this is not really the case but it makes me feel less like I'll be birthing a monstrocity of a child within the month)

So my dilemma is this:
1. I can bare my midriff (not exactly professional)
2. I can pull my shirt down to cover my tummy, thereby exposing my boobs (which is equally as acceptable in England but, once again, not exactly professional)
3. I can wear Scott's oversized t-shirts (which would cover both boobs and tummy but is not exactly professional)
4. I can shell out rediculous amounts of money to ensure that I have appropriate shirts for a week and a half of work (keeping in mind that I'm cheap)

What's your vote? Or do you have other suggetions?

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3