Somewhere In Between: Caleb's First Word
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



Caleb's First Word


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Like all parents, we have sat around wondering what Caleb's first word would be. We have attempted to influence it, both by repeating the traditional words of "mama" and "dada" as well as throwing a few curve balls in there, such as "kumquat." (I've always thought it would be really funny if his first word was something totally random.) A while ago, Caleb started saying something that sounds like "hey," though I admit that it could be my imagination running a little wild. However, this weekend Caleb officially said his first word. And he appears to know the meaning!

I was sitting with Caleb on Friday evening asking if he could say "mama." For some reason, every single time we say "mama," Caleb looks at me and laughs. I have actually been convinced for a while that he can say it but is refusing to because he has been giving a little mischievious smile when asked if he can say "mama" for a while now (even his nursery workers have commented on it to me!). But now it's official...Caleb is a little rascal. Seriously. Every single time you say "mama," he laughs. (I have to admit, though, it's completely adorable.)

Anyhow, after several tries and a lot of laughter, I switched to "dada." And he copied me!! (I realise that you probably think that I should have, therefore, posted a picture of Caleb and his daddy, but I wanted to throw you guys off a little.) We went back and forth several times and he repeated it every time! When Scott entered the room, Caleb would look at him and then say it (for some reason he would whisper it every time, but it was clearly "dada.") After several times, we switched back to mama and he laughed.

So, my little boy can now say "dada." He does not say it all the time yet, but he definitely looks at (or for) his daddy every time you say it. And he always looks at (or for) me every time you say mama - while laughing. What a silly kid.

Labels: ,

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3