So there was a great sub sandwich place that opened in Searcy the last year I was at Harding. You could always find other students there and Cheryl and I would meet there often during her lunch break (she was working for White County Department of Child & Family Services). Well, unfortunately there has not been a
Lenny's nearby in Texas. The nearest one we had found was in Denton, which is 25 miles away and a place I have only been to once. We and the Chapman's had talked about making a trip up there just to eat at Lenny's. Seriously. Its that good.
Well, Kristen had talked David into going all the way up to Denton for lunch. Before they left she checked one more time and found a Lenny's right next to TCU's campus. That is so much closer to us than Denton and even closer to my office. Needless to say I had a great Deluxe Club with lettuce, spicy mustard, and hot pepper relish (I love their hot pepper relish).
Within the past few months, Starbucks released several new initiatives to revitalize its coffee business (as opposed to its latte, cd selling business, they are after all Startbucks
Coffee. One of these was the release of their new coffee blend
Pike Place Roast, ground in store and brewed fresh everyday. Well, my co-workers know I am a fan of Starbucks and one of gave me a card that gives me a tall Pike Place Roast free every Wednesday until May 28. Yeah, that's pretty awesome. My co-worker's dad got in the local paper and gave it to her, but she thought I would get more use out of it and considering all the Starbucks around, I definitely get my fill on Wednesdays.
What is also great is when you order one kind of drip coffee and its the bottom of the barrel and contains some grounds (and is old), they will give you a different kind for free. You can also wait for a fresh brew and its still free. Yesterday, not only did they hook me up for free, but gave me a venti instead of a grande.
Completely unrelated here are some great pics of Caleb playing today.

Labels: Coffee, Food