Somewhere In Between: Blog Title Revisited
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



Blog Title Revisited


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Back in August 2005 I officially started blogging and did a fair job at it for a while, especially since live was a bit more interesting while moving to and living in London. Then Cheryl took over the blogging duties for a while after Caleb was born. I imagine she will get things up and running again soon once Levi arrives, but I make no guarantees.

Most of you know that 2009 has been a very interesting year for us (and it's only April). I don't want to get into all the events and details that have transpired over the last 4 months, but want to take the opportunity to revisit the title of the blog.

As my first post explained, I named this blog after Jack Johnson's song "Better Together". Reflecting on the theme that we are always somewhere in between different stages in our lives, here is where I am at.

I am somewhere in between...

My old job and a new job
Father of 1 to father of 2
Being eligible for the CPA exam and actually being a CPA
Questioning God regarding our current situation and fully trusting/relying on Him

Since the early part of my unemployment I have been wondering what God has in store for me, why this happened, and what action from me is appropriate. I am actively searching for work, but do I need a part-time job?, what does that do to unemployment money?, why am I still not praying enough?...

I know I usually state at the end of posts that I will try to keep up, but I really do want to get back more often and share. Even if its just a lyrics to a song. For a couple of weeks, I really just felt I could best express myself through songs.

More to come...

Labels: , ,

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3