Somewhere In Between: Fix You
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



Fix You


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



One of my favorite tracks off the new Coldplay album X&Y
is "Fix You". It begins very quiet and slow with Chris Martin's trademark use of falsetto for a couple of verses. Towards the end, a great guitar riff changes the tempo to almost a completely different song. I can't really describe the end of the song, but it is very much a stadium anthem as evidenced my their new video. Its a great video and further evidence that I need to see them live. You can check it out
here

A couple of more things about this song.
1)It kills me when I purchase an album and I find that one track that I believe stands out from the rest, and people who only listen to the singles played on the radio will miss out...only to have the band release that song as the next single. The other 2 times I remember this happening was with Blues Traveler "Hook" and Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication". I feel like I was cheated or something. Maybe I am just crazy.

2)I first shared this observation with a couple of friends of mine, both Coldplay fans. One of the first times I heard "Fix You" I felt like it could be used in a movie trailer. You know the story...guy has it all, and then unexpectedly tragedy strikes. Is he gonna make it? Everything is going against him and there seems to be no way out. Until....(the music slowly speeds up) [the guitar riff part] he has to make the choice to overcome adversity (drums kick in), and all will be well (singing in unison). One of my friends told me that this song would have fit perfectly in the trailer for Elizabethtown .

Take a listen and tell me what you think.

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3