For the dumb engineer from British Gas to show up. Our boiler stopped working again. They were just here fixing it in late October/early November...for too recent for it to break again, especially since you have to wait a minimum of one full day to get an appointment and then when you get one is "Someone will be there betwee 8:00 & 1:00." What the mess?! That is a good chunk of the day.
Well, its now 11:46 and no one has showed up. This may be nothing, but last time we had a "morning" appointment and no one ever showed up, not even after 5 phone calls from me between 1 - 5 PM. So far the most glaring problem with living in Britain is the LACK of customer service. Most resturants are decent with this, but utilities are horrible.
Someone at work told me next time our boiler breaks down (which it very well may at this rate) I should tell me I have a gas leak and they would be here so quick. When they arrive be like "You can't smell it? Oh, well since you are here..."
I don't mind a day off work, but not when its like today. I am quite annoyed and really would like some heat over the weekend. Plus, I don't want to take Monday off as well. Apparently there is some push for compensation when the miss appointments. I'll have to look into that.
Editors Note 4:45 PM--After 2 phone calls this afternoon, the wonderful company known as British Gas has informed me that they will not be fixing my boiler today. Its no big deal...its only 34 degrees outside. I get to wait once again tomorrow morning for their supposed arrival.