Somewhere In Between: Patriotism Does Exist
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



Patriotism Does Exist


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I previously failed to mention a defining moment in our trip to Austria during which our love of the United States revealed itself. I have never categorized myself as being highly patriotic, though I definitely recognize America as a great country and would not consider renouncing my citizenship, despite desires to live overseas for periods of time. As we were riding the cable cars up to the top of Mt. Untersberg, however, I spoted a bald eagle perched on the mountain. It was beautiful and the first time I have ever seen one in the wild. It is funny how something as simple as a bird can represent so much. I was in awe and we just stared at it. Even the Canadians seemed to observe a moment of respect for this creature (the Europeans probably thought we were all strange). I may not agree with many of the American attitudes, decisions of leaders of our country, or other characteristics of the United States, but those of us who are born in America are blessed by the freedoms, privileges, and rights that we have. Do not take them for granted.

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3