Somewhere In Between: Bye Bye Grandma!
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



Bye Bye Grandma!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Grandma has been here helping us since before Caleb was born. She was a tremendous help with cooking, cleaning, and the whole hospital ordeal. Scott, Caleb and I will miss her now that she is gone and, undoubtedly, she will miss holding her favourite grandchild! :) Hopefully she will be able to return for Christmas with Grandpa and Uncle Al.
The first week and a half of motherhood has been wonderful. Caleb is an angel who rarely cries and only wakes up once a night. Even when he does wake up, he doesn't cry but instead just make little cute noises to let me know that he is awake! Though I recognize that this could change at any time, we are striving to maintain this pattern of behaviour because I have to say that I'm definitely a fan of it. Our poor neighbour has a child who will be one year old in a week and a half and she wakes up 4-5 times a night!
I love the little sleepers on babies, but I have quickly learned that Caleb is just about too long for his. We have put him in a couple of sleepers for the first time in the past few days, only to find that he cannot fully stretch out his legs and his feet are almost cramped. Just more proof that this child is going to outgrow me by age 8!
Over the weekend, we had lots of visitors who wanted to see Caleb. Mia, age 3, may have been the most excited visitor of all, though she was also hesitant at times, especially when Caleb would stretch or move unexpectedly. She enjoyed helping to hold him and even brought him a toy!
It's amazing to me how quickly babies grow and learn new things and new faces. Even as I have been working on this, Caleb has somehow managed to turn himself around a different direction in his sleep. What a strong boy!

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3