Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad News...
Published 18 August 2006 by Scott | E-mail this post
I saw the midwife today and here is the update:
1. The chances of me going into labour naturally are slim because of the size (the head is possibly too large for the exit) and position of the baby (the back is against my tummy), which are preventing it from moving down into the birth canal and becoming fully "engaged," therefore starting the contractions.
2. If I go into labour naturally or am induced, the chances of me being able to have a normal vaginal labour are slim due to both the size of the baby and the position of the baby.
3. If I am able to have a vaginal birth, it will be long, difficult, and painful due to both the size and position of the baby (what every expecting mother loves to hear).
4. They will not consider induction or a c-section for another couple of weeks, which then presents the problem of whether or not the baby will actually make it here before my mother is scheduled to leave and allows the baby to continue to get even larger (which seems to me to only add to the concern that it won't fit into the birth canal).
5. I will continue to be very ill with regular nausea and vomiting and will continue to have immense back pain because of both the size and position of the baby...until the baby is born. But, once again, it looks like this will be another couple of weeks.
To sum up...both the size and position of the baby are causing just about every complication possible. I am emotionally drained right now and would appreciate prayers for this situation.