I typically have a no-work posting philosophy, especially naming my employer. However, I figured it would be perfectly okay to make a positive statement. I work for what is the largest insurance and financial services company in the world,
AIG. Techincally, I work for a wholly-owned subsidiary, but my email address is @aig.com and the stock is sold for AIG, so let's just go with that.
Football (soccer) teams here are sponsored by companies here in the UK. The company logo is larger than the team name on the jerseys. Well, in June AIG made the largest football shirt sponsorship deal in history with
Manchester United, probably the most well-known football team. Click
here for the whole story.
Anway, the point of the story... This afternoon, an email was sent notifying all full-time employees can receive one official AIG-sponsored Man U jersey as a gift! Pretty cool! No, I am not a big "football" fan, and most people in my office are avid non-Man U fans (they root for Chelsea or Arsenal), but I was thinking about getting one of these as I have no other alliance.

I also think its pretty cool that the company has extended this offer to its staff. Way to go!