Events of the weekend
Published 25 September 2006 by Anonymous | E-mail this post
On Saturday, Amy, Barrett, Scott, Caleb, and I hopped on the tram and went up to Wimbledon for the afternoon. Amy and I were treated to a couple of hours at a spa with pampering such as a facial, back and neck massage, foot massage, and scalp massage. This was the first time I had been away from Caleb since he was born, though he stayed with his daddy for the duration of the event. The pampering was great but I missed my little boy while we were apart.
On Sunday we went up to London (our first journey attempt into the center of town since Caleb was born) with Aunt Amy and Uncle Barrett.

We went to church and then to lunch at the Texas Embassy. The plan had been to go to Harrods afterward but the service at Texas Embassy was so ridiculously slow that everything was closed by the time we made it out of there. Caleb was carted around everywhere in his sling (which is much less cumbersome than a pram) and he loved it.

By the time we returned home, Caleb and I were so exhausted from the excursions of the past two days that we both fell asleep earlier than normal.
Yesterday we stayed inside to recover from the activities of London and to care for Caleb who had not been feeling well. I am hoping he didn't pick up the plague, rubella, or some other bug from one of the many people at church, in the Underground, or walking around on the street. (Don't worry, I'm not some crazy obsessive new mother and I'm not really freaking out about some random disease, though I have to admit that that it makes me nervous that he hasn't had any immunizations yet.) I was going to take him to get him weighed for his one month-versary but he was in no shape to leave the house. I could hear the poor baby's tummy rumbling all day...yet another thing he gets that from his daddy.

We did, however, celebrate Aunt Amy's birthday at home last night - she's OLD now (though compared to Caleb's other aunts she's still just a young whipper-snapper!) :)