Somewhere In Between: One Month Already?!
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



One Month Already?!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's hard to believe that my baby is already one month old! I didn't make any colorful creative signs to celebrate the event like Daisha, but I thought I'd add a few pictures taken yesterday and today of my little one-month old. However, I'm sad to announce that blogger is once again having issues and will not upload photos. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

In any case, I'm constantly amazed at how much he's grown and developed in just a month. Here's a quick run-down of his biggest "milestones:"

- He loves to chew on his fist. He does not appear to pick any fingers over others and we trade it out for a pacifier quite easily. I have to admit that it's very cute to see him try to shove his whole hand in his mouth. (I saw a baby girl about the same age at church yesterday shoving her fist in her mouth as well. I think it's the new "thing.")

- He's become quite capable of getting his pacifier back in his mouth if it falls out onto his arm or chest. Granted, he doesn't grasp it with his fingers and sometimes he doesn't realize that he's gotten it back in his mouth and it ends up falling right back out. Still, I think it's pretty impressive for a one month old to get his pacifier back his mouth on his own at all!

- Though he doesn't have a huge interest in many toys yet, he LOVES his mobile over his bed. It's very colorful and plays music. He could lay there forever and smile at it while it moves around. Sadly, we didn't have the foresight to think ahead and realize that it wasn't such a good idea to have a mobile that you have to wind up because just a couple minutes later we have to re-crank the thing. It gets a bit tiring for me and I wish I could just lay him there for an extended period of time to enjoy the wonders above him.

- I predict that he is going to start laughing soon. About a week and a half ago, Caleb start making these cute little noises of excitement a lot of the time when he smiles. I wouldn't technically classify it as a laugh yet, but it's definitely going to be there soon. Oh...and it's super cute!

- Though he doesn't look much like me (we've already established that he's a little Scott mini-me), Caleb always rolls on his side and sleeps with his arms out the same way I do. Hooray! Maybe he is my child after all!!

- He continues to wake up only one time a night! He goes to sleep about 10:30p.m., wakes up at 3:00a.m., and then gets up between 6:30 and 7:30a.m. Most days he'll then go back to sleep until about 9a.m. or so, though this doesn't happen every day. Still, I can't complain. It's a great schedule!

- He LOVES to watch people and see the world around him. When I take him out in his pram, he turns his head and body to see as much as he can. I'm hoping this means that he'll be a people person and be adventurous. Time will tell, I suppose.

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3