Well it finally snowed here in Croydon this year!! Yesterday was the first dusting of snow that we have seen this year, though I remember is snowing several times last year. Granted, it's never very deep, but yesterday morning there was a healthy amount covering cars, gardens, and rooftops.

Unfortunately, we were on day three (and now day four) of work being done to our house, meaning that Caleb and I continue to be housebound. Those of you who know me know that this is absolutely KILLING me. And Caleb is just like me so he's not faring much better. We are told that the work should be done by tomorrow. If we both don't lose our minds before then, we will welcome the opportunity to escape our house arrest.
In any case, I could not let Caleb miss out on the opportunity to see snow for the first time! (If you've been reading our blog for a while, you'll remember that we took a "Caleb's first snow" picture in Austria in April, but I guess that doesn't really count now that he's no longer inside me.) So I bundled Caleb up (in a snowsuit courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa Wright) and took him out to see the snow in the garden (which was half destroyed by the workers so we didn't really have that much room to play). He didn't seem very impressed by the snow, though he was a bit distracted with his pooping efforts the whole time we were outside. I tried putting snow in his hand, but it was so hidden in his snowsuit (which is still a bit too large for him) that I couldn't actually extract his hand to put it in it. *sigh* Oh well, I enjoyed it and got some cute pictures anyway.

It's been snowing off and on again today but as soon as it starts to cover anything the sun comes up and melts it all away. Maybe it'll snow more this weekend once we have regained control of our garden and have more opportunities for fun and games.
Labels: Caleb, Snow