"I'm an IRS agent. Everyone hates me."
Published 14 May 2007 by Scott | E-mail this post
I just watned to take the opportunity to post a quick recommendation for
Stranger Than Fiction. This is a quircky little movie about Harold Crick (Will Ferrell). Harold leads a rather mundane life as an IRS auditor (not a reason I was interested in this movie, I promise) until he hears his own life narrated in his head. Harold's story takes a rather unexpected turn when the narrator notes, after Harold's completes a seemingly simple task, it will lead to his "imminent" death.
This is a great movie and I heared good things about it when it was released last fall and was excited once I noticed it was available for rent. I was primarily intrigued to see Will Ferrell in a movie without him being a complete and utter moron (however Old School is great, Talledega Nights not so much). He does a great job as does the excellent supporting cast including Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson.
I recommend you check out
Stranger Than Fiction if for no other reason than its something very different and unique from the standard action, romatic comedy, drama, sci-fi stuff out there. Its also a interesting story and the graphics used in the first half of the movie are very creative as well.
If anyone else has already seen it, what did you think?
Labels: Movies, Recommendations