Somewhere In Between: 2 Week Update
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



2 Week Update


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Levi is 2 weeks old today so I figured that I should post an update. We saw the midwife yesterday and he had already increased his weight 10 oz from his birth weight. That's right, they said that they wanted him back to his birth weight by 2 weeks and he had already made it to 9lbs, 8oz. I think I'm going to have another big kid on my hands!

In many ways Levi's temperament seems to be much like Caleb's:
1) He likes to sleep - Levi has slept all night every night (8-10 hours) since he was born - except one when I didn't wake him up for his last feeding before I went to bed, so I consider that my fault.

2) He cries only for specific reasons - Caleb would only really cry when he was cold. Levi seems to cry when he's hungry or occasionally when he wants his diaper changed. He does seem to be more temperamental when other people (other than me) hold him (particularly Grandma... lol), however, which is also how Caleb was.

3) He loves the sling - Caleb lived in the sling until he was about 8 months old.

4) He eats every 3 hours for about 30-45 minutes at a time, hence the weight gain. The kid basically stocks up on food and then sleeps. - Caleb followed this exact same eating pattern.

Caleb has adapted pretty well to the addition to our family, though he has not made it this far unscathed. Caleb is very aware that our attention is divided now and has therefore become that much more clingy and attention seeking. In turn, this is very draining on me because I don't want him to feel left out or feel like we're forgetting about him. Caleb loves Levi and will give him kisses and always wants to help when changing his diaper or by giving him his pacifier or covering Levi with a blanket. However, anytime Levi cries, Caleb will complain that Levi is "too noisy" and he'll try to shush him. On one occasion, I was reading a book to Caleb and Levi began crying so I went to the other room to get him. When I returned to the couch with Levi in my arms, Caleb very noticeably rolled his eyes, though he did not make a comment. I'd say that pretty much sums up his feelings about the attention that Levi is getting right now.

All in all, however, we are adapting pretty well. Caleb, Levi, and I have made several trips out on our own already, including a full grocery shopping trip, and we are currently surviving on our own because Scott is in North Carolina for 3 days for work. Hopefully we'll all have our sanity when he returns.

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3