Somewhere In Between: "Does Anyone Smell Bacon?"
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



"Does Anyone Smell Bacon?"


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



From now on we will be using the comments section for readers to guess where title quotes are from. Let the games begin.

To 2 very random things....

A couple of things to mention today:
Rolling Stone
Jack Johnson's Sing-A-Longs and Lullabies, the soundtrack to the children's movie Curious George, topped the chart this week, with 163,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The CD features a combination of kids' songs and Johnson's signature, laidback relationship tunes, ranging from the theme "Upside Down" to the G. Love-penned and performed "Jungle Gym" and a cover of the White Stripes' "We're Going to Be Friends." Johnson used his voice and the cavaquinho, a Brazilian ukelele, to do the talking for the popular -- but speechless -- animated monkey.

In other news...
I had a meeting today with my supervisor at work to discuss how exactly what I will be doing now that Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) was finalized the end of January. There are a few ad hoc projects I have been working or will be during February, however we discussed how my role as an Internal Auditor will be utilized throughout the four primary business areas between now and July - August (basically until SOX work begins again).

I will be planning and running small audit engagements for each area and then report any findings and conclusions to the Finance Director (since techincally that is the dept I work for) and to the COO & CEO of my company in the UK. Pretty cool stuff. I am excited to get into more of an operational audit role as opposed to SOX. SOX is good and it was very interesting, but not my favorite type of work.

What is even more interesting (and overwhelming) is that we will be hiring one individual to work with me. We are looking for an Jr. Auditor, probably someone directly out of university. They will be officially reporting to my supervisor from an HR point of view, however I will be managing this new person day-to-day myself. I kind of wanted to hire someone, so I can have some in-charging type experience prior to returning to the States. At the same time, I am a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of having someone "report" to me.

My supervisor and the Finance Director discussed hiring someone more experienced, but they decided since I am famaliar with managment locally and the SOX Cooridnator & CFO in the States (plus all the insane reports) they wanted me to take the lead in this area.

At the end of the day, this is all very good news. Hopefully things will go smoothly and I will be able to succeed with all this new work.

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3