Somewhere In Between: A Boy After My Own Heart
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



A Boy After My Own Heart


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Since he was born, I've been a little sad that Caleb looks just like Scott. Not that I don't like the way that my husband looks (because I do) and not because I don't think my son is adorable (because he is), but I was hoping that my baby would be a bit more of a mixture of the two of us...especially since I was the one cooking him for 9 months! I've been grasping at straws, such as the fact that he has a dimple, in order to evidence that he is my child. However, as the weeks have been passing (rather quickly, I might add) we have found that Caleb's personality has been emerging to mimic mine. That's right folks, he might look like Daddy on the outside, but he's like Mommy on the inside.

Caleb loves to laugh and smile. He plays games and teases me. He's a flirt. He gets bored easily staying at home all day. He is social and loves going out. He likes making new friends. He loves reading. He loves singing. He loves nursery rhymes. He likes to be in the middle of all the excitement. And, most importantly - he loves adventure! His new favourite thing is now hanging upside down. He smiles, he laughes, he loves it!

Now, as he gets older I will probably hate this about him because it will make me worry (like my parents worry every time I do something crazy like sky diving, hang gliding, taking off for random countries, etc...). But I love that kind of excitement and it's just another way that my little boy is like me. Hooray!! He really is my child!

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3