Somewhere In Between: A Day of Firsts
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



A Day of Firsts


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



First I have to brag on my little boy. For the past week and a half, he has been sleeping 7-7.5 hours straight at night, waking up at 5:00a.m. to eat and then going back to sleep for about 3 hours. Last night, however, he slept 9.5 hours and did not wake up until 7:00a.m.!!! This was the first time he slept entirely through the night so I was definitely excited. When he woke up, he just looked around and smiled. He didn't even grunt like normal to make sure that I also woke up.

Then, when I put him down for his morning nap in his crib, Caleb slept just under TWO HOURS by himself!! This was a new record because he will usually only sleep in his crib for about 45 minutes, after which he decides that he will sleep happily in my arms for another couple of hours but no longer in the crib.

After he woke up, we went to Rhymetime at the library for the first time. There were probably 60-70 mothers and babies/toddlers there. Now, I was very excited because I love nursery rhymes and little kiddie songs and I think I definitely know my fair share. I was not prepared, however, for the fact that they have a whole different selection of these rhymes in England. Granted, a few may have come around since I was little, but most of them were definitely British ditties, such as songs about the Duke of York. I think I only knew about 25% of the little songs! Caleb enjoyed the event, however, so we will definitely make this a weekly outing. He was especially excited when all the toddlers started playing tamborines and marracas!

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3