Somewhere In Between: 9 to 5 (or & 7:30 to 4:30)
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



9 to 5 (or & 7:30 to 4:30)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So, Monday was my last day at my job in Texas. It was (is) very surreal that I left and am on my way to London after a couple of days in Atlanta.

I don't know anyone in the "working world" that actually works 9 to 5. I for example, worked 7:30 to 4:30. There were a few of us that worked this schedule and now they have lost one of their crew.

I had a wonderful first job experience. I know several people that hated their first job out of college, but I can't empathize. I worked with a great group of people and I will miss them. I will miss the messed up parking garage. I will miss the afternoon stroll down to the convienent store in the basement for a caffinated beverage to make it through the day. I will miss the sarcastic comments from everyone. I will miss the always changing way we do our jobs. Can't say I will miss the system access testing. I will miss Friday morning breakfast and Friday lunch with everyone.

Well, my long drive from Fort Worth, TX to Atlanta, GA went rather smoothly until I hit downtown traffic in Atlanta. That is the worst. The Volvo has survived to last another day. Let's see how it holds up for my mom.

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3