"Everybody's Working For The Weekend!"
Published 10 October 2005 by Scott | E-mail this post
So, I love the weekends! This post was almost titled "Sounds like a case of the Mondays.", but it isn't so much anti-Monday, just pro-weekends. I told Cheryl several months ago back in Texas that we (American society) should petition/protest/lobby (your verb of choice) for 2nd Sunday. Come on we (you as I am not a resident of the U.S.) can get 'er done.
Cheryl and I had a great weekend just hanging out together. We did a bit of shopping around Croydon, adding some items for our flat. We also found a great Christian bookstore AND a bargain Christian bookstore. We bought a few books apiece plus we finally got around to getting a Message Bible. Cheryl had the NT, but we wanted the whole thing. Anyway, it was a just a good weekend. Oh, and I recommend watching
Big the classic Tom Hanks comedy. A good time for everyone! Perhaps I will have movie/DVD recommendations added to my sidebar.
I have finally finished
The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell (and recommended by
Michael Felker.) It is a really good book. Its hard to describe, but it breaks down how social trends, ideas, and concepts (even TV shows) hit that spark takeover a society. I highly recommend it for anyone that wants to know how little things make a big difference. Its a great book for anyone that deals with people, and last time I checked, that would be all of us.