Somewhere In Between: "You All Everybody!"
Taken by Scott at a cafe in Aswan, Egypt - May 2006



"You All Everybody!"


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As I was thinking about my post tonight (yes, its night here), I couldn't think of a title to this post, so I picked something random and that was in my head. Its also a shout-out to everyone that gets it. Kudos to those that enjoy the title. Moving on...

I was MIA last week for a couple of reasons. Work and...work. I started my new job here in Croydon (I won't identify my company my name so I don't have to worry about the potential to losing my job as a result of blogging about it. It happens). I wanted to finish my first week before I posted anything about it and I was tired. Anyway, I am the sole internal auditor for the European division of a muti-national company incorporated in the U.S. It was a challenging week. It is my first "new job" as my previous position in Texas was my first job. It is definitely an adjustment.

One of the biggest challenges is not knowing anything. I have to learn about an entirely new and different company and its business model (how they make their money) very quickly as part of my job is to make sure things run smoothly. Another adjustment is knowing what my job totally entails. If you don't know about Sarbanes-Oxley (henceforth known on this blog as SOX) Google "SOX 404" since I can't get the link to work for a exhilarating read. Basically, half if not more, of my job is based upon this U.S Federal regulation. My company has to comply with this as they are incorporated in, and owned by a larger company in the U.S. So, I am kind of joining the war in the middle of battle (not nearly as drastic or violent, but the quickest analogy I could think of) for the current year.

This position is brand new. I am the first internal auditor that has worked for this company directly. Therefore, it will be some time before I totally know how far my job and responsibilities extend. I definitely have some great ideas and thoughts about how things should be run and I'm not afraid of asserting my opinions, I just need to given the opportunity. All in time.

To sum up...things are going well. As I conclude this post (as exciting as it is for all you readers), I won't to make clear that things are going well. I am working on tasks and improving them with the freedom given from my supervisor. I do look forward to settling in and making thing my own in a way. Thanks to those who were thinking of me last week. Much appreciated!

----Oh, we went to Blockbuster this evening and I (we) got The Shawshank Redemption 10th Anniversary 3-disc set for under £13!

|

About me

  • From Fort Worth, Texas, United States
  • Husband of an angel, father of two great boys, and a follower of God saved by grace.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives


ATOM 0.3