So this post was never intended to be anything special, but Sarah's comment (while I appreciate comments) made it appear that I had some Earth-shattering news. I do not.
I was just going to mention that we attended the cinema on Sunday night and as the title photo implies, saw
Walk The Line. I really enjoyed this picture. I thougth Cheryl may be interested in seeing it as well as she likes Reese Witherspoon and this movie is very different for her. After the movie was over, Cheryl told me that she really liked it, even though beforehand she had no interest at all in seeing it.
I thougth both actors did a great job, especially singing live during filming. I think that creative decision made by the director, James Mangold, before filming began really added to the quality of the movie. A large part of who Johnny and June Carter Cash were, was tied into their performances on stage. It would be difficult to portray that by lip-syncing.
I hope Joaquin Phoenix wins for Best Actor next month, but I fear Jamie Foxx's win for portraying music legend Ray Charles last year puts Phoenix at a disadvantage. It would send a message to all actors "play a music legend in a dramatic bio-pic, win an Oscar".
Also, on Monday evening, we rented
Elizabethtown, another movie I have been wanting to see. I really enjoy all the Cameron Crowe movies that I have seen. I think films are much better when written & directed by the same individuals. They know exactly what vision they want to convey when they are writting the story. If you liked Elizabethtown, its style in particular, you should look at Almost Famous, another personal story based on Crowe's life. Don't listen to anything my wife has to say about that movie. Its good.