Today I had the exhilirating experience of taking two tests for cumulative total of 5 hours. I took two (of four) parts of the
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) exam. I starting studying by reading a small paperback book (Professional Practices Framework) back in August not long after I returned to work. Then late September I got the full package of study material including books and software for each all 4 parts of the exam.
I have not studied this much for any one (or two) tests in my life. Yes, this includes both Tax finals in college which I skipped Christmas functions to study for and the CPA exam back in 2003 (reflecting in the fact that I am not a CPA). The past several weeks have constituted at least 2 hours each night reading material and taking an insane number of multiple choice "test" of 20 or so questions. On the weekends I tried to get a couple of study sessions in. The studying has been more intense the past few days trying to get as much reviewed as possible. Its kind of crazy that they take a several hundred page book and reduce it to a 125 multiple choice test (1 per section).
Anyway, I completed each test today without feeling completely drained or completely stupid. I felt a little bit better about the second test since I have been studying that section recently. Unfortunately I won't get my results for several weeks. For some inexplicable reason it takes the Institute of Internal Auditors (a profession to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency) several weeks to grade a Scantron answer sheet. Whatever.
Now, for a few weeks I get to take a break from studying every night and hang out with my wife more in the evenings!
...3, 4 (will soon follow)
Labels: Tests